We collect and use members’ information for the purposes of:
- Managing each member’s membership
- Club affiliation/insurance
- Duty of care
- Reporting aggregated data to Canoe England
- Notifying members of events
- Maintaining records of coaching qualifications
The categories of information that we collect and hold include:
- Full name, contact details (address, phone and email), any medical conditions that may affect ability to take part in sport safely, kayak qualifications, age range, emergency contact name and phone number. In the case of children, the guardian’s name and authority will also be retained
- Membership details will be stored for up to 6 months after membership has ended unless a member requests that their data is deleted
- All data is held securely and only accessible to appropriate Club officials.
- We will not share your personal data with others
- Aggregate membership numbers and status will be shared annually with Canoe England (or other bodies, e.g., for grant purposes); this does not include personal information
Requesting access to your personal data:
- Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to information that we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies to that information. To make such a request, please contact an officer of the CPCC Committee
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: chiswickcanoeclub.co.uk
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Marketing cookies are used to personalise the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. Our website does not display advertisements.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|20 days 2 hours
|20 days 2 hours
|Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .
|Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.
Sets a unique ID for the visitor, that allows third party advertisers to target the visitor with relevant advertisement. This pairing service is provided by third party advertisement hubs, which facilitates real-time bidding for advertisers.
|Allows the TeamUp Event Calendar plugin to function correctly.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.