This page contains links to useful information including other websites and downloadable articles and documents:
In an emergency dial 999 and ask for the coastguard.
Alternatively dial the RNLI at Chiswick on 020 8995 5534.
Weather & Tides:
- Richard Jennings Tide Tables: A useful site with various tide tables for our stretch of the river.
- Port of London Authority tide table web tool:
- Port of London Authority tide table app:
- WillyWeather (Chiswick Eyot): A weather website that also calculates local tides. There is also a smartphone app.
- The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office: Tide predictions (this link is for Hammersmith Bridge).
- Thames flow rate at Kingston: This is a Richmond Canoe Club link showing the Thames flow rate at Kingston which can be used to help determine the strength of the ebb tide. Changing the date range to the whole year clearly shows how the flow rate varies dramatically with significant rainfall.
- Tide Times (Hammersmith): A website for tide information at various points on the river. This link is for Hammersmith Bridge.
- The Beaufort Wind Scale: A table to help with converting observations into a wind speed.
- Windfinder (Heathrow Airport): A wind, waves and weather forecast. Our nearest forecast is from London Heathrow airport.
- Windy: A comprehensive weather website and associated app which majors on wind patterns but covers almost every aspect of weather actuals and forecasts.
- Wind Guru (Hammersmith): Another wind and weather website.
- BBC Weather (Chiswick): A link to the BBC weather forecast for Chiswick.
- The Met Office: This link is the UK meteorological office weather information for Kew Gardens.
Other Useful Website Links:
- Access points on the Thames: A link to the River Thames Society document detailing all access points along the river.
- Boating on the Thames: A website with links to lots of useful resources for Thames based activities including the PLA flag warnings.
- Port of London Authority Notices to Mariners: Useful information about events on the river and river closures.
- Port of London Authority Annual Events Calendar: A calendar maintained by the PLA showing all the events on the tidal Thames between the estuary and Teddington.
- Go Paddling: A site with lots of information about canoeing in the UK
- British Canoeing: The governing body for canoeing in the UK. British Canoeing administer UK canoeing qualifications and Chiswick Pier Canoe Club is an affiliate member.
- Chiswick Pier Trust. The organisation responsible for Chiswick Pier.
- To register for email alerts about sewage discharges on the River Thames (Mogden and Hammersmith pumping stations), email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Discharges on the River Thames – Register
- Alternatively follow @ThamesCSOAlerts on Twitter
- Thames Water storm water discharge map: EDM Map
The Tideway Code: A PDF booklet with the code of practice for rowing and paddling on the tidal Thames.